Monday, May 26, 2008

Design Philosophy

I believe in the responsibility of others for the progress of tomorrow. I thrive within a community, as people cannot truly design for man within a self-induced island. Communities not only produce human interaction that challenge ones thinking, they are a breeding ground for innovation and conceptual development within a project.

Sustainability is not only the implementation of newly developed green products within a structure, but also learning how to incorporate environmentally friendly products in existing buildings while still keeping the integrity of the building.

To keep the history of the city true to itself while encouraging development is one of my fundamental design criteria that I focus on within a project. The preservation of the city’s historic past goes beyond a building past but investigates and celebrates the unique qualities and personality that the building has within a community.

I believe that everybody has something to learn as well as teach one another. I feel that not helping with the betterment of others through your knowledge is selfish and irresponsible. The purpose of design is the constant growth and knowledge of several media and one should either come to each design challenge to learn or teach.

I enjoy having fun within the community as these moments are what bonds people and creates lasting friendships.

Maturity and the idea of working hard is not only the way that I work but is how I believe that everybody needs to approach projects. Understanding what can and cannot be accomplished without overwhelming one self is a goal that I work hard on everyday, as I eagerly take on multiple projects not only to help the greater community but to learn and teach and bond with others.

1 comment:

uncg interior architecture said...

april--
well done! i like the teaching piece...surprise, surprise.
--patrick